The Strollers walking group uses Monmouth’s superb location for walks around the area. No walk is too strenuous and is suitable for anyone who is not a serious walker! We try to finish near a cafe or pub for refreshments and a chat. We are a friendly and sociable group, and enjoy welcoming newcomers to share our enthusiasm for walking.
How we operate
- All walkers must be members of Monmouth u3a.
- Strollers walks are between 2 and 3 miles in length. The pace is moderate.
- Walkers are responsible for ensuring that the walk is suitable for their level of fitness and that they are adequately equipped.
- Walkers are advised to wear walking boots or stout shoes, to bring a waterproof for inclement weather, and a change of shoes for the car. Walking poles can be very useful.
- We encourage car-sharing from Rockfield Community Centre Car Park, 25 Cornwallis Way, Monmouth, NP25 5DN.
- Members are required to read the Risk Mitigation Document and to sign a disclaimer before going on our email list to receive details of upcoming walks.
- Monmouth u3a, leaders and conveners cannot accept liability for any loss or injury suffered by any person taking part in walking activities, though every effort is made to ensure walks are safe.
- If the weather is bad, please check with the organiser to find out if the walk will take place.
Please contact the convener for further information, or if you would like to join the Strollers walking group.