Who is responsible for the data we collect about you
We are the data controller for the purposes of data protection law, in respect of your personal data collected and used by us.
The personal data we collect about you
When you join Monmouth U3A you will be asked to provide certain information. This includes:
• your name
• home address
• email address
• telephone number
All the information collected is obtained directly from you. This is usually at the point of your initial registration. The information will be collected via membership forms or online contact forms. The lawful basis for collecting and storing your information is due to the contractual relationship that you, as a member, have with the Monmouth U3A. In order to inform you about the groups, activities and events that you can access as a member we need to store and process a certain amount of personal data.
How we will use it
We use your personal information:
• To provide our U3A activities and services to you
• For administration, planning and management of our U3A
• To communicate with you about your group activities
• To monitor, develop and improve the provision of our U3A activity
• For delivery of the Trust publication – Third Age Matters (to those who have subscribed)
Your membership data is stored on a secure, password protected database.
We will send you messages by email, post, other digital methods and telephone to advise you of U3A activities.
Sometimes photographs may be included in the annual magazine or the Monmouth U3A website and members will be asked for consent. A member may at any time withdraw their consent by contacting email@example.com
Who we may disclose it to
We may disclose information about you, including your personal information
• Internally – to committee members and group conveners – as required to facilitate your participation in our U3A activities
• Externally – for products or services such as direct mailing for Third Age Trust and Monmouth U3A publications.
• If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for legal and/or regulatory reasons. In this instance we will seek to obtain your consent. Information would be shared without consent where there were serious safety concerns and it was felt to be in your or the U3As best interests to disclose information
Retention of Your Information
Personal information is retained for a maximum of 15 months or until membership is renewed. Information giving Monmouth U3A permission to claim Gift Aid is retained for 7 years as required by HMRC.
A cookie is a snippet of text that is sent from the website server and stored on a web browser. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website. Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier.
For information on how to manage your cookie settings please follow the link for your browser:
For other browsers and mobile devices we recommend you use a search engine and enter “how to change cookie settings in [browser/device name]”.
Your rights and choices in relation to your personal data
To ensure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, members need to inform the U3A as to any changes to their personal information. You can do this by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the membership secretary. On an annual basis you will have the opportunity to update your information, as required, via the membership renewal process.
Changes to our Policy